Choosing The Right Ink And Toner For The Printer Is Easier With These Tips
Ink and toner are expensive for small business and thus, below are some ways through which you can choose the right one without wasting your money.
- Go through the printer’s instruction manual. It will tell you what kind of ink the printer requires.
- Check the printer’s packaging or the packaging of the latest ink cartridge you’ve bought. The ink type is printed on both boxes.
- Check the ink reference card that came with your printer. Some branded printer manufacturers put this card in the box with your printer.
- Open the printer. Next, allow the ink carrier to move to the center of the machine. Check the product number printed on each cartridge. If you don’t get a number on the top of a cartridge, remove it from the printer.
- Now to choose the right ink, inspect the machine for a model number printed on the bottom, back or side.
- Visit the printer manufacturer’s website and look up the machine’s model number. Go through the description or documentation to find the type of ink it needs.
Now, let us check the right toner for your printer:
Toner Cartridge Model
Find the toner cartridge model that is compatible with your respective printer. On all the websites that sell toners, you can simply type in the printer model and the toner cartridges that are compatible with that model will be shown.
Color or Black
You then need to assess whether the printer you bought the toner for is a color or monochrome printer and whether you will need to print in color. If you own a color printer but do not need to print in color then you may choose to buy only black toner. Thus, you can avoid the additional costs.
You need to decide how much you will be printing and whether your printer model offers high-yield or extra high-yield toner cartridge options. If your printer model is only compatible with standard yield toner cartridges, then again this decision has already been made for you. But if your printer model is compatible with high-yield or extra high-yield toner cartridges, then you need to assess how much your printer will be used and how high it’s print output will be.
For all your printer needs, just get connected with 123ink.ca today and invest in the right products.