Buying Silver Bangle Bracelets Tips
Ooh, those bangles—who could resist their appeal? Surely, you would love to wear them, especially, the silver bangles.Silver bangle bracelets come in two types, namely, the solid cylinder type and the split-type cylindrical spring opening bangles. It is easy to buy silver bangles for there are myriads of bangles online; yet, it is sometimes difficult to buy quality silver bangles because of so many fake silver bangles out there. Hence, to be sure that you get silver bangles of quality, here are simple buying tips when buying handmade silver jewelry online:
- Sift your way through the fakes. If you are buying, for example, from eBay, there is a strong likelihood that you may fall prey to fraudulent sellers who are only creating eBay accounts to hoodwink unwary buyers of their hard-earned money. I once worked at the Fraud Department of eBay, and I know first-hand how crafty fraudulent sellers are. Thus, before you bid on a silver bangle on eBay, make sure that you have already checked the feedback of that seller. Moreover, if you are buying online, make sure that you ask the sellers where their silver bangles are coming from. Some U.S. wholesale buyers are buying silver bracelets from China, and are selling them online. Hence, if you want to ensure that you are getting authentic silver bangles, do not buy them online.
- Shop for quality. Silver bangles are sometimes made of less amount of silver. Hence, you should shop only for 92.5% sterling silver. You should look at the back of the jewelry for a .925 or 925 engraving which means it is 92.5% silver and 6.50% other metal. Check the quality by feeling and meticulously inspecting the grain of the silver bangle.
- If you are buying online, buy only from those stores that have high quality silver bangles. You can search those websites that sell quality silver jewelry like Avon, Stella & Dot, Silpada, Lulu Avenue, Premier Designs, Azuli Skye, Sabika, and many other well-known jewelry manufacturers that are famous for the quality of jewelry products. You can’t rely on your hunch when buying silver bangles; but you can minimize buying from fraudulent sellers if you know the trustworthiness of the sellers and if you can count on the integrity of the sellers or the track records of the store.
- Carefully check if it is plated. If the item is only silver-plated, then the item is not real sterling silver. “Plated” means that the item is only coated in silver.
- Read the return policy of the website. If you are buying silver banglesonline or from any other jewelry store you should check their return policy. In this way, you will know if they amenable to receiving item that customers want to return, and if they are willing to refund you if the item did not correspond with how it is presented online.
- Purchase and get the tracking number of the item. This is imperative when buying online because once you buy online, you should know where your item is during the delivery process. The tracking number would be of great help to track down the location of the jewelry that you have bought online while it is in the process of delivery.